Thursday, February 09, 2006

At work we sell roasted chickens. You can buy a whole chicken, a half, or a quarter, but we only cut one chicken up at a time. If you want a wing quarter and all we've got is a leg we won't cut another chicken until that leg has been sold. The reason, wings are far more popular than legs. If we sold a wing to every customer that wanted one, at the end of the day we'd have a huge pile of legs that would go to waste. Also a lot of customers who want to buy whole chickens would miss out because all the chooks have been de-winged and four legs isn't quite the same.

A recent customer used the following false analogy to try and show me the error of my ways.

He told me if I was to order a chicken schnitzel in his hotel, I wouldn't be forced to have beef gravy on it just because the last customer had cheese sauce on theirs.

I love how people try to use an argument that seems related to the issue at hand but, actually, has nothing in common with it at all. He couldn't understand the difference between selling lots of identical schnitzels and selling pieces of roast chicken.

He didn't seem happy when I offered him a chicken schnitzel either. Even though I gave him a choice of sauces.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home